Gyms become more crowded, Amazon sells more books and people start stuffing a few extra dollars into their piggy banks. A new year means a fresh start, and that’s why many Americans choose to make resolutions for the New Year. Some resolutions have proven to be more popular than others over the years, and these 10 are some that you’re guaranteed to hear your friends choosing in 2019.
1. Read more books. As smartphones and tablets begin to take the place of books, many Americans are hoping to revert back to the basics. The resolution to read more books is one that continues to be in the top 10 year after year.
2. Lose weight. Gyms overflow in January every year, but losing weight can be a tough resolution to keep. However, there’s no doubt that losing weight is on just about every list of the hottest New Year’s resolutions.
3. Quit smoking. The more studies come out about how bad smoking is for everyone’s health, the more people are trying to quit. Quitting smoking can be difficult, but it’s a resolution that many smokers will try year after year until their goal is accomplished.
4. Save money. Saving money is on a lot of people’s minds after the holiday spending has ceased. Paying off debts and saving more money is a resolution that many choose in the New Year, but it also means a commitment to a change of lifestyle.
5. Eat healthier. Eating healthy is difficult for many busy Americans, but the vow to eat more fruits and vegetables or change junk food eating habits entirely is seen as a positive way to start the New Year.
6. Live with less stress. Stress is something that drags many people down everyday, and removing that stress can mean a happier and more productive lifestyle. However, relieving stress can be one of the most difficult resolutions to keep.
7. Travel more often. Traveling is a way of incorporating more relaxation, adventure and culture into your life, and it’s hard to see a downside of escaping work and everyday stresses more often. However, it’s important to keep in mind that traveling more often means keeping better track of your budget too.
8. Give to more charities. Whether it’s time, money, clothing or other means of donating, many people vow to help others more in the new year.
9. Spend less time on Facebook. This relatively new resolution has gained popularity as Facebook has become accessible everywhere we go. Spending less time on Facebook could result in higher levels of productivity, especially when you’re tempted by social media at work.
10. Try an extreme sport. For many, a new year means new adventures, and bigger and better adventures can mean a more amazing year than the last. Bungee jumping, skydiving and other adventure sports require courage from the participant, but these activities are found rewarding to those who have a little bit of adrenaline junkie inside.
Achieve More Resolutions with an RV from Fretz
If you’ve got resolutions like living with less stress, traveling more, or trying extreme sports, a motorhome from Fretz RV can help you accomplish all three. Make 2019 the year of travel and take some time for yourself and your family away from the stresses of the everyday. Try an extreme sport in some of the most beautiful landscapes around the country, see landmarks, and make memories. Stop in at Fretz RV today to make your resolutions a reality.