RVing can be a great way to beat the winter blues and enjoy the great outdoors, even when the weather is cold. Here are a few tips for making the most of your RVing trip in January:
- Dress in layers: The key to staying warm is dressing in layers. This will allow you to easily add or remove clothing as needed to regulate your body temperature. Make sure to bring warm socks, gloves, a hat, and a coat to protect against the cold.
- Use a heated water hose: A heated water hose will help prevent your water supply from freezing, which is especially important in very cold temperatures. If you don’t have a heated hose, you can wrap your regular hose in heat tape to keep it from freezing.
- Insulate your RV: Adding extra insulation to your RV can help keep it warm and reduce the amount of energy you need to use to heat it. This can be especially helpful if you’ll be staying in one place for an extended period of time.
- Keep your tanks from freezing: If you’ll be staying in an area with very cold temperatures, it’s important to keep your holding tanks from freezing. You can use tank heaters or add RV antifreeze to your tanks to prevent this from happening.
- Plan activities: Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor activities you can enjoy while RVing in winter months, such as visiting museums and historical sites, playing board games indoors, and watching movies. For adventurous RVers, try outdoor activities like skating, snowboarding, skiing, and sledding!
- Plan a trip down south, or anywhere warm to escape the cold! That way, you can skip all those other tips 🙂
Overall, RVing in January can be a great way to get away and enjoy the winter scenery. By following these tips, you can have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Stop by Fretz RV
Contact the friendly and helpful team at Fretz RV in Souderton to find out about purchasing your new RV. We have an extensive range of new and used RVs available at our dealership, which is one of the largest in the tri-state area. You can rest assured that our knowledge and experience will help you to find an affordable RV that will suit all of your requirements for features, size, and style!