Welcome to week three of Fretz RV’s fall treat series! This week, we’ve got cozy, warm, and delicious campfire apple pie pockets. I don’t know about you, but my mouth is watering already. This recipe is easy to follow and great for the whole family to enjoy while sitting around a campfire.
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans, optional
- Grab your grill grate and light up your campfire or preheat grill (to medium heat). Cut a 12 x 18-inch sheet of nonstick foil.
- Place apple slices on foil along with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and dried cranberries.
- Wrap packet securely with double-fold seals, allowing for a bit of room for heat expansion.
- Place packet on grill; cover and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Be careful when removing from the grill it will be very hot! Also, use caution when opening packets because there will be hot steam as you open them.
- Serve right in the packets. There will be juices on the bottom of the packet so gently stir the apples before taking a bit
Visit Fretz RV
Ready to start your adventures with your family? Bring the whole family into Fretz RV in Souderton PA and find the vehicle that will create unforgettable memories for your family. We sell Class A, B, and C motorhomes, toy haulers, travel trailers, fifth wheels, and pop up campers!!